WAA Residency Mumbai invites applications for residencies from July to October 2018.
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Duration: 1 month to 4 months
Eligibility: Artists and curators working in all disciplines are encouraged to apply.
Costs / Support: This is a paid residency. Artists are provided studio and accommodation at a nominal fee. Artists are responsible for all costs of travel, visa, insurance and food.
Artists, curators, writers and researchers working in various visual arts mediums are encouraged to apply with a project proposal for the residency.
What About Art? international artists residency was launched in 2013 with the aim to facilitate and support art practice. One of the few art residencies in Mumbai, India, the residency provides individual studio space, accommodation, professional networking opportunities and an intellectually stimulating environment for dialogue on visual arts practices for artists and curators. In addition, the residency organises artist talks and open studios.
6 spacious studios are situated in the heart of Mumbai in Bandra, a vibrant neighbourhood, not far from the art district where galleries, museums and art spaces are located. The studios are located in a quiet lane above the WAA office and are close to the building where accommodation is provided.
– Administration and preparatory research
– Orientation to the city
– 6 studios (20-25 sq mt each) available 24 hours, Internet, shared kitchen
– Accommodation (2 bedrooms) in a flat 5 mins from the studio
– Basic support for production and technical assistance
– Networking opportunities with the art community
– Open studio and artist talk at WAA Project Space
For application to the residency please send the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post.
2) Short description of the project
3) Portfolio with 20 images in case of artist; written material in case of curator/researcher
Please write to email@example.com for more details.